ECCEd course in Mumbai (Certificate Course)
Course Timings: 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. on every Saturdays for 1 year. New batches start every 2 months.
Course Venue: 529, A-Wing, Mainframe Building, Near Orchid Mall, Royal Palms Estate, Aarey Milk Colony, Goregaon(East), Mumbai – 400065.
Introduction to the ECCEd Certificate Course
ECCEd course is an ideal child psychology course. To begin with it is designed for pre-primary, nursery, kindergarten or Montessori teachers in Mumbai. In recent time we have seen a lot of play schools in addition to primary and pre-primary schools opening up. In every locality lot of new play schools have opened. Therefore the need for trained Montessori teachers is growing in Mumbai. Very small children come for admissions in a play school. Hence it is necessary to have trained teachers to handle them.
To manage kids compared to grownup children is a challenging task. Therefore trained teachers are hired. Play group is a job of a specialist teacher. Managing and handling a child in a nursery is a very sensitive issue. We need to be care in hiring a teacher particularly from the point of children’s safety. In conclusion, a good teacher is necessary for child’s social, psychological and emotional well being.
Why Doing an ECCEd course is Important?
If untrained people handle the child, it can have a serious impact on the child’s mental and emotional well being. It may leave the child traumatised and scared for a long time. The child must be handled by professionals only. Play schools must hire only those who have been trained to understand the psychology of the child. A trained teacher knows ways to ensure that the child feels safe and comfortable over there. Moreover, the child should feel happy to be there in school. In a comfortable environment the child learns, grows and easily develops social skills. This will form the basis of his primary education and further studies.
A teacher who is trained under a professional child psychologist, can create this kind of environment. Our course curriculum deals with these issues in detail and in addition to that, aims at preparing the right candidates. Our ECCEd course trains them well for job in play schools, nurseries, kindergarten and Montessori schools.
We have a very good team of educationalist, developmental psychologists, special educators in addition to clinical and counselling psychologists. We also have other remedial teachers who give and excellent insight in this ECCEd course about how a child must be handled in a play school. In brief, through this ECCEd course, we train teachers and also prepare them into becoming a good play school or pre-primary teachers.
Our ECCEd course has, classroom lectures in addition to practical in schools. We provide on the job training with our partner pre-primary schools and play groups.
Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCEd Course) Objectives:
To prepare teachers who can work in Play Schools and Nurseries and:
- Impart the right education in addition to practical training;
- Train the participants to handle small children and take good care of them in a play school, nursery or a preschool;
- Teach and to mentally prepare the participants with education and counselling to ensure they know the importance of their jobs;
- Teach participants the concepts of child psychology, human development, health and nutrition, special education etc to develop them holistically for a pre-primary teacher’s job
- Develop the right skills in a pre-primary teacher to make them employable in a pre-school and nursery.
For Whom is the ECCEd Course?
This is an ideal course for those who:
- Want to learn child psychology to be able to handle and deal with children better at home or professionally;
- Are interested in seeking employment in a play school, pre-school, nursery, kindergarten or primary schools;
- Are already working with children and want to formally learn and get trained to be able to do their jobs better;
- Aspire to take employment in any institution, where they will be dealing with children;
- Plan to start their own play school and nursery and are seeking right education and training for the same;
- Are students and are looking for a professional and job oriented course to ensure they have a job in hand.
Early Childhood Care and Education Course Contents:
- An Introduction to Early Childhood Care and Education;
- Child Psychology and special education – Teaching strategies for children, Academic and behavioural issues of children;
- Human Development with focus on child development;
- Child Care and concerns in a preschool and nursery;
- Child Health and Nutrition;
- Means, Methods and Materials for Child Engagement and Learning;
- Soft Skills and life skills for a pre-primary teacher;
- Activity Session – Tools, games, toys, play therapy, arts and craft for teachers;
- Speech therapy and phonics;
- Counseling skills with special focus on parent counselling.
Extra: This Early Childhood Care and Education Course also involves:
- practical training in schools;
- workshops by experts and seniors;
- projects etc.
The participants will get an opportunity to work as an intern in a play school. They will observe and learn from real life situations. We have our partner schools nearby where the practical exposure will be given to our participants.
Course Duration: One Year
Classes: Lectures will be held on weekdays, and in addition to that, we will have weekend workshops.
For admission and other queries please contact:
MHRM, BA(Psy), DPMIR, TOTA, AGI(USA)
Director & Lead Faculty
Cogito Training & Counseling Centre
529, A Wing, Mainframe Building, Near Orchid Mall,
Royal Palms, Aarey Milk Colony, Goregaon (East), Mumbai – 400065
Tel: 9869018775, www.cogitoindia.com