Presentation skills is an ability to sell oneself and to create a desired image in the minds of the audience. To sell a product you have to first sell yourself. If a person is accepted, and appreciated, his product will sell for sure.
Presentation gives us the opportunity to influence the attitude of our audience in our favor. Many professionals are smart enough to take full advantage of this opportunity and give their best, whereas many may dismiss this as support activity and lay the blame on the product or competition. Research shows that effective presentation skills gave that extra edge which made all the difference between successful and not so successful professional.
At personal level also, public speaking is one skill which sets people apart and gives them an edge over others. It can have a dramatic effect on your professional and private life. Public speaking is that art which adds luster to anyone’s personality. Often the difference between a manager and leader is the ability to present his views emphatically to a group. Success often comes to people who have excelled in public speaking and presentation skills. This programme offers a unique opportunity to people to master presentation skills by practice and feedback.
- To help participants learn ways to make effective presentations.
- To help participants learn their flaws through feedback
- To help participants master their platform skills
- To make participants feel at ease and develop their natural style
- To motivate individuals
For Whom: Junior & Middle Management Cadre
- Importance of presentation skills, understanding the impact and the ability to influence.
- Understanding the body language – gestures, postures, movements, and eye contact and its significance.
- Voice – Voice modulation, having a punch and throwing the voice.
- Over coming stage fear – reasons and strategies to get over it.
- Planning, organizing & sequencing the presentation
- Using aids to presentation- audio visuals etc.
- Video-recording and feedback of participant’s presentations.
- Managing the audience- Knowing the audience, interacting with them, using humor, handling questions, keeping them interested and focused.
- Enjoying the process and making people happy
- Handling difficult audience and managing them.
- Classroom management
- Content and delivery- preparing the right content and presentation strategy, story telling and exercises for participants.
- Presentation etiquette and grooming for presentations(looks and dressing)
- Making an impact
- Participant’s personal issues and resolution.
- Impactful presentations
- Freedom from inhibitions
- Increased self confidence
- Improved platform communication
- Positive self image
- Success at work
- Improved business results
Methodology: Lecture, presentation, participants presentation, impromptu speech practice, interactions, video recording and feedback etc.
Prof. Praveen Singh
MBA (HRM), DPM&IR, B.A.(Psychology),TOTA, AGI(USA)
Praveen Singh has been actively involved in Training & Consulting since last fifteen years in Power, Energy, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure Sector Companies. He has been working for more than forty companies spread all across India. He is an experienced trainer in Soft-Skills, Attitudinal, Behavioral Training, HRD & Psychology topics. He earlier worked with an UK based Web Enabled Co. as Human Resource Manager and with a leading Management Consulting company. Currently he is Empanelled Corporate Trainer with companies like Reliance ADAG, Tata Power, Adani Group, RBI, RCF, Essel Group, DTPS, CESC, AIPM, NEC, IEMR, Sterling, Etc. He is also an IMO & DG Shipping Certified Maritime Trainer & Consultant to MMTI, SCMS & GURSHIP.
He also teaches MBA & PG Students of Management as Visiting Faculty and is associated with several Business Schools affiliated with Mumbai University & SNDT University. He has been conducting programmes in many cities in India including, Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune, Nashik, Mundra(Bhuj), Sagar(MP), Jodhpur, Patna, Goa, Orrisa, Kodaikanal & Cochin. Having traveled to many countries in Europe, including The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium & France, is exposed to different work cultures.