Proposal for two days programme on Faculty Development.
Teaching is a noble profession and it must be taken up by noble people who have the knowledge, aptitude and interest for teaching. It’s a job of great responsibility as it involves shaping up minds and lives of hundreds of students and making them socially responsible human beings.
Having knowledge about a subject is not enough for a faculty, it is in fact his/her ability to transfer that knowledge and inspiring learning which is more important. Transferring knowledge is a skill which can be mastered over a time. This programme aims at discussing these issues in detail and intends to inspire and motivate faculties to learn & adopt newer methods of teaching to the benefit of students & the institution.
Programme Title: Faculty Development Programme
- To help faculties understand the importance & impact of teaching on students and their lives.
- To help faculties understand and change their attitude & approach towards teaching.
- To help faculties improve their communication in terms of feedback to the students.
- To teach ways to motivate and inspire more participation and involvement from students.
- To help faculties learn new and interesting methods of teaching.
- To help participants learn to design a teaching programme
- To inspire participants learn classroom management and student handling skills.
- To improve platform & delivery skills of faculties.
Day – I
- Introduction to ToT. Teaching- Its importance, The role it plays in Student Development, Sharpening the skills, Capacity Building, Counseling & Mentoring.
- Attitudinal Change – Paradigm Shift in mindset
- Team Building for Teachers
- Moving from Teaching & Training to Facilitating
- Changing attitude of students, Influencing students into participating, Involving all in learning.
- Platform Skills: Public Speaking, Presentation Skills & Feedback.
- Classroom Skills: Communicating, Engaging the student, Keeping the interaction high, Involving all, Handling questions, Managing disturbance & indiscipline.
- Psychology of students, Understanding Body Language, Eye Contact, Voice Modulation,
- Content and delivery- preparing the right content and presentation strategy, story telling and exercises for students.
- Domains of learning, Concept of Specific Learning Objectives.
- Different teaching methods and using teaching aids.
- Motivating students into learning, appreciating, encouraging, supporting & handholding, Rapport building.
- Counseling Skills, Coaching & Mentoring Skills
- Stress & Manger Management
- Time Management & Goal Setting
For : College Teachers, Batch Size: 25 participants Duration: Two Days
Methodology: Lecture, Presentation, Interactions, Activities, Exercises, and Feedback.
Course Material: Course material with be provided
Faculty Fees: Rs. 20,000 for One Day (Six Hours)